If you are reading this article, you are probably dealing with a problem of how to write a brief to prepare your new website. If you decide to have created a new website or you want to redo your old website to give your visitors more information and better browsing experience, you should think about a few important things to help you communicate with web developer and contribute to your overall satisfaction.
Something about you (who will be the user?)
Every good digital agency needs at least some information about the company for which the website is designed. You may say that this is not important, but you would certainly not be thrilled if your engineering company had a fine design intended for the flower sale page.
- A few words about what your business or organization does.
- How long have you been on the market?
- How big is your company?
- What are your company's visions?
- How do you want to make a name for yourself on the market?
- Who is your ideal customer?
- What are your biggest competitors?
Analyze your website
- Explain to the developer what your new website should look like a how a successful website looks in your opinion.
- Why do you need a new website?
- Do you already have a website and are you interested in redesigning it?
- If so, what do you like about the old website? What do you dislike about the old website?
- What will be the structure (menus and sections) of the site?
- What functions and features should your website have?
- Search within the web
- Interconnection with social networks
- Google maps
- Login option
- Integration of the existing system
- Setting up Google Analytics to measure your site's success
Provide the developer with information about visitors who will visit your website. With this information, it is possible to design the structure, functionality and design tailored to your users.
Who will visit the website?
- Verejnosť, obchodníci, zamestnanci
- Veková skupina
- Jazyk používateľov
Why will they use the website?
- Price comparison
- Download digital content
Of course, how your website will look is not entirely up to you, but also to the designers who know the current web design trends. However, it is important to provide them with as much information as possible about your current design and how you imagine the website to look.
- Do you have materials (logo, product photos…) that can be used in the design?
- What websites do you like? Add at least 3 examples.
- What colors, fonts, icons do you use? Do you have a design guideline?
- Choose from the following design options:
- Traditional vs. modern
- Professional vs. personal
- Serious vs. friendly
- Fine vs. rough
- Technical vs. non-technical
Budget and schedule
Poskytnutie informácií o rozpočte a časovom pláne je pre digitálnu agentúra veľmi dôležité. Vďaka daným informáciám vie agentúra rozhodnúť, či sú Vaše požiadavky na spracovanie projektu reálne a dosiahnuteľné.
- Aký je predpokladaný čas začiatku riešenia?
- Aký je deadline pre Váš projekt?
- Bude Váš projekt pozostávať z viacerých fáz?
- Aký je rozpočet na projekt?
Pri návrhu zadania sa často zabúda na propagáciu webstránky. Treba si uvedomiť, že bez správneho marketingu sa stránka k užívateľovi nedostane, a preto by ste mali digitálnu agentúru oboznámiť s tým, ako stránku spropagujete.
- Bude Vaša stránka optimalizovaná pre vyhľadávače?
- Budete využívať propagáciu prostredníctvom sociálnych sietí?
- Zameriate sa na propagáciu pomocou Pay-Per-Click (PPC) reklám?
- Máte niekoho, kto sa zameria na content marketing Vašej spoločnosti?
What to add in the end?
Proper preparation of the brief for creating the website is very important for you and for the digital agency, but it is equally important to realize that the basis of any good project is continuous communication.
Do you want to learn more? Check our approach and UX UI process!